Sunday, January 8, 2012

I, ROBOT (EVIDENCE) - Post #7

Passage:
" 'Our district attorney never eats.' The repetition thumped by syllables. 'I'll modify that slightly. He has never been seen to eat or drink. Never! Do you understand the significance of the word? Not rarely, but never!'
 'I find that quite incredible. Can you trust your investigators?'
 'I can trust my investigators, and I don't find it incredible at all. Further, our district attorney has never been seen to drink-in the aqueous sense as well as the alcoholic-nor to sleep. There are other factors, but I should think I have made my point.' " (Pg.173)

Response:
This quote is from the chapter eight of I, ROBOT. This chapter shows Stephen Byerley is running for mayor in New York City, and Fracncis Quinn kept claiming that Stephen Byerley is one of the robots because he never eat or drink or sleep. Quinn ran to US Robotics to find some people who could help his claim. When Stephen Byerley arrives, people ask him to eat an apple to prove that he is a human, he ate the apple without hesitating, so he won the election. From this chapter, I wonder what will happen to our society if the robot becomes our leader.


Analysis:
In this chapter. I think Isaac Asimov purpose is to tell what will happen if the robot running for country  politician, will the people trust the robot or not? or will the human let the robot running in the politics? As a reader, I enjoyed to read this chapter, because it the author created a relation of robot and human trust on the politics.

1 comment:

  1. Good active reading here. I like how you're actively engaging with the story.

    ReplyDelete